Documentation Published on Saturday, 11 February 2023

Home cells: Meeting the expectations of those in your home cell

Meeting the expectations of those in your home cell

Discuss the homework given in the previous lesson about false prophets. [ Have a look at it again here. ]

  1. Look at what people expect. Read 2 Timothy 4:3-4 and discuss. Why do you think this is happening in our time? What is your responsibility as a cell leader in this regard?
  2. How do you see the responsibility of the “Moses” in preaching the word, (compare with Acts 6:4 and consider Ezekiel 37:1-14) and the expectancy of the people?
  3. Communication is a process – to ensure effective communication, we need to ensure that we are understood. Discuss Proverbs 15:1-2 and 18:13.
  4. In communicating, what is the ratio between body language and words? Do you remember our scriptures on body language? See 1 Peter 3:15; Colossians.4:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:12; and 1Peter 2:9.

Our words account for 30% and our body language for the other 70%.


Read the book of Nehemiah [ Nehemiah 1 ]. This is an incredible account of someone who had vision and was an effective leader. All business owners and managers should study this as an example of what it takes to be a leader. [ You can read more about Nehemiah in an excellent book by Cyril Barber here. ]

Send to a friend

Return to home cells

Return to home page